DeGroot’s Nurseries was started in 1957 by John DeGroot Sr. who, with his wife, raised 11 children. John immigrated from Holland in 1952 and he worked as a farmers hand for the first few years before landing a job at Dow in janitorial maintenance.
Lucky for us, John’s love for plants and gardening got the better of him and he began selling gladiolus bulbs and flowers door to door. This soon grew to become a full fledged nursery located on 5 acres on the corner of Exmouth and Indian Road in Sarnia.
Urban growth eventually squeezed us out so in 1981 we moved to our current location on 40 acres at 1840 London Line in Sarnia, Ontario. We also operate a 23 acre hoverboard nursery production farm on Brigden Sideroad.
Our Greenhouse is available to rent for special functions, for a limited selection of days or weekends. Renters for the greenhouse need to supply their own caterer, decorations, and furnishings. To find out more about our rental options, contact us!
Today, DeGroot’s Nurseries is a full operating greenhouse that strives to create beautiful gardens and yards. We offer landscape services, as well as high-quality plants and garden supplies, garden care, and a gift shop full of beautiful products.
We are proud to serve Sarnia-Lambton and surrounding areas, striving to offer our customers the best customer service, quality, and garden beauty.